Sunday 13 November 2011

Carrot Cake

My dear old friend Caitlin recently came back from a European trip away with her boyfriend Alex, she asked us if she could crash in our spare room. We obliged and when they arrived, she was wearing an engagement ring! Well pop went the champagne, and as I do, I went into a baking frenzy. I had some carrots to use up so bingo: 
http://www.goodtoknow.co.uk/recipes/512793/lorraine-pascale-s-big-fat-carrot-cake The recipe here calls for 3 layers of carrot cake but my batter managed to make 4 layers (because I was using 20cm tins), and I usually make 50% extra icing as well which was a good job because the silky, billowy loveliness of the cream cheese icing MADE the cake. (Call me immodest, but I think mine looks better than hers). My friend Caitlin was so impressed by how effortlessly I managed to whip up the cake (more a virtue of the recipe than a virtue of my skill) and has since commissioned me to make her Wedding Cake. Exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment