Tuesday 8 November 2011

Easter Time

I can't quite remember what it was that inspired me to make this Easter cake, maybe a surplus of mini eggs. Or maybe it's because I LOVE EASTER! It is by far the best holiday of the year. Don't get me wrong, I love Christmas: the warm inside, the cold outside, the shopping, the food, the family... but it also has the expectation. After all the buildup, Christmas day is a bit of an anti-climax, I tend to have an argument with my mother/brother/boyfriend/alloftheabove. Easter has none of that. It's all about new starts, chocolate and chilling out with whoever you want to. No stress involved. The below was a choctastic overload with chocolate sponge, chocolate ganache filling, a vanilla buttercream and some mini-eggs (always a winner) to decorate. It was a bit of a sickly sweet overload, but you'll never catch me worrying about my bikini bod!

No comments:

Post a Comment