Sunday 27 November 2011

Festive Shortbread

Christmas can never come too early. Selfridges might be pushing it a bit opening their Christmas store in August, but as far as I'm concerned mid-November is a perfectly acceptable time to start getting into the Christmas spirit.
I've charged up my iPhone with carols and songs to make me feel festive and it is certainly helping me to get through the Autumn slog. Anyway, I was listening to my iPhone on shuffle the other day and "Once In Royal David's City" came on. It's the best carol and there is nothing else to it. I had to decorate, there was nothing else for it. I did, however need some festive food to get me in the true spirit. I whipped up some cinammon shortbread!

130g butter (mmm healthy!)
55g caster sugar
180g flour,
tsp ground cinnamon (or more if you like)
Tbsp icing sugar for sprinkling

Cream butter and sugar, then add flour and cinnamon
Turn onto lightly floured surface an roll until about 1cm thick. Cut into desired shape (I was too lazy to bother with gingerbread man cutter so just went with fingers) and pop onto a lined baking tray. Chill for 20 mins. Go and put up your Christmas Tree (optional)

Bake for 15mins at 190*C

Go and decorate a Christmas Tree (optional)

If you can resist, allow to cool on a wire rack... or not... whatever.

You should get this:


And if you're really following the recipe well, you should get this too:



Merry Pre-Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds delicious and very festive. Love the little tree :)

    ReplyDelete