Tuesday 8 November 2011

I'm such a good friend

Yes I am. I made this cake for my friend Cansu (pronounced Jan-sue) who was mega-devastated about saying goodbye to her teenage years. I can confirm - 18 months later, that nothing has changed since her birthday. The hours I spent tweezering these little dragees onto the cake were some of the most frustrating in my life. I have learnt, however, that it is these very tasks that are the most gratifying. I gave her the cake in a lecture and she squealed so loudly that we got a really stern look from our lecturer.

For the sponge I used my never fail Vicky Sponge recipe which you can find in my earlier post. I made your classic chocolate buttercream and then used some surplus Toblerone Minis to decorate. Things I learnt with this cake: Patience is a virtue: don't ice too soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment